Novel Coronavirus – Advice and Precautions for the Riding Centre
We take the health and safety very seriously at Margaret Haes Riding Centre. With the spread of the new coronavirus we need your cooperation and support to help protect everyone who rides, visits and works at the Riding Centre.
Please take time to read the Government’s guidance just issued: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-covid-19
For those recently returning to or visiting the UK from overseas, please check the Government’s maps and lists of affected areas –countries/towns/provinces see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas-with-implications-for-returning-travellers-or-visitors-arriving-in-the-uk.
Please ‼️DO NOT ATTEND‼️ the Riding Centre if :
- 🐴you are unwell and have recently returned to the UK from overseas travel from any of the specific areas identified by the Government (both ‘Category 1’ and ‘Category 2’).
- 🐴you have no symptoms but recently returned from specific areas listed by the Government as ‘Category 1’ areas – currently within China, Iran, Republic of Korea and Italy,
- 🐴none of the above applies, but you develop symptoms of a cough, difficulty in breathing and fever. These symptoms can develop 14 days after exposure to someone infected with the coronavirus.
The advice for all the above is to self isolate and call NHS 111. Do not go to the GP or any healthcare facility.
If you have doubts or are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111.
If as a result of the above and/or the advice of NHS 111 you need to cancel riding lessons or are unable to visit or work with us; then please let us know as soon as possible as you can by telephone, message or email.
The virus spreads by being near to infected people (within 2 metres) and possibly by touching surfaces and objects contaminated by an infected person, and then touching your own mouth, nose or eyes.
To help ‼️PREVENT‼️ the spread, whilst at the Riding Centre please:
- 🐴cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze so Catch it, Bin it, Kill it,
- 🐴put tissues in a bin straight away – these are in the toilet and in the brew room/office
- 🐴wash you hands with soap and water often – sanitiser gel is on site together with hand washing posters on site. Wash your hands at regular intervals, including on arrival, after riding and on leaving the stables,
- 🐴dry you hands with the paper towels provided,
- 🐴do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
We will be cleaning and disinfecting the toilet and other common areas.
If you start feeling unwell whilst at the Riding Centre please let people know and avoid direct and close contact (closer then 2 metres) with others. Call NHS 111 from your mobile ideally. They may advise you to isolate yourself on site or leave the Riding Stables and isolate at home.
We have a lot of vulnerable people at the Riding Centre with weakened immune systems, other long term conditions etc. Please cooperate and support us to protect everyone as best we can .😃